The Love Period Podcast – Episode 007
On this episode of The Love Period Podcast we talked with founder and CEO of Sleep in Heavenly Peace, Luke Mickelson. After a few years of providing many kids bunk beds and simply taking action to serve others, in early 2017, Luke and SHP were profiled on Mike Rowe’s internet show, Returning the Favor. That appearance really launched the organization to another level. Not many months after that episode released, Luke was recognized as one of CNN’s Top 10 Heroes of 2018 for the work he and his team at SHP have done since the first bunk bed built in Luke’s garage back in 2012. “A project, that was started with the build of one bed for a single family developed into something a whole lot more. With wood left over from the first bunk, another idea was created. “Who else could benefit from this bunk”?”.
SHP has now delivered thousands of free bunk beds to kids in tough spots across the United States. Luke found a gap and took action. The mission is simple, “If a child needs a bed, we want to make sure they get one. No kid sleeps on the floor in our town.”. Luke’s story is awesome and is truly inspiring. Listen to it all on Episode 007 of The Love Period Podcast.
Show Length– 80 Minutes
Sleep in Heavenly Peace Links:
- Sleep In Heavenly Peace main page- https://www.shpbeds.org/
- Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/SHPbeds/
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/sleepinheavenlypeacebeds/
- Twitter- https://twitter.com/ShpBeds
- 2018 CNN Top 10 Hero- https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/us/cnnheroes-luke-mickelson-sleep-in-heavenly-peace/index.html
- Mike Rowe’s “Returning the Favor” episode profiling SHP- https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2020109721593621
Subscribe to Podcast